Do you have questions about anesthesia or possibly when you should take your child to see a dentist for the first time? If you do, you are not alone. Listed below are some frequently asked questions that are addressed by the American Dental Association on their website under the Public section. Simply click here www.ada.org and you will find answers to similar questions as listed below as well as many more.
* What should every patient know about dental anesthesia?
* What are analgesics?
* What is local anesthesia?
* What is sedation and general anesthesia?
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay
* What is baby bottle tooth decay?
* What causes baby bottle tooth decay?
* Why are baby teeth important?
* How to prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
* What is plaque?
* What are some tips for daily oral care?
* How do I brush and floss my teeth?
Infants and Children
* When should I take my child to see the dentist?
* Can babies get cavities?
* Is teething painful?
* Do I need to clean my baby's mouth if there are no teeth yet?
* When should thumb sucking stop?
* Can a child lose a primary tooth too early?
* Do I need a mouth protector?
* What are the advantages of using a mouth protector?
* Are there different types of mouth protectors?
* I wear braces. Can I use a mouth protector?
* What effects can smoking have on my oral health?
* Are cigars a safe alternative to cigarettes?
* Are smokeless tobacco products safe?